A Family History of Baking
Joseph Hruschak and Patsy Pasquini - two army "doughboys" stepped out of the military bakeries and started their own business, Weir Cove Bakery. Hruschak served as baker in the Ninth Air Force headquarters in France and Germany, serving just over 2 years. Pasquini left to join the army on the Italian front, where he spent the next year serving in the bake shops. Both military buddies returned from their respective roles in the military to open Weir Cove Bakery located at 1400 Main Street in Weirton, WV in 1943. In 1966, Weir Cove Bakery switched locations to 1242 Pennsylvania Avenue in Weirton.
After over 43 years of success, Hruschak's youngest child, Mary Jo and her husband George Barney took over the family business officially in February 1988. Weir Cove Bakery was renamed Barney's Weir-Cove Bakery. Mary Jo and George changed the name to Barney's Bakery Inc. in 2010 when the company was incorporated.
In June 2015, the latest Barney's Bakery facility location broke ground in in the Three Springs Industrial Park area in Weirton. Construction continued for the remainder of the year and wrapped up in January 2016.
A State-of-the-Art Facility
We take pride in having the most modern facility in the state of West Virginia. We are continually investing back into the business in order to provide our customers with the highest quality products.
Web site by TSG.